Sunday 10 April 2016

Exam LR

1. WWW: good focus on the questions
     EBI: improve on the timing of the questions, use key words in the questions and learn the media theorists and apply them.
33 marks - B

2. My strongest question was question two because I had set paragraphs which were started on different points. I used three points which had a clear structure and in-depth analysis.

3. My weakest question was question 4 because I found I didn't have enough time on that question and the question itself was difficult to answer, I lacked a clear structure and analysis.

4. I think my question one was one of the weaker ones as I lacked talking about the intuition as much as I could've. Next time I would talk about the brand image and logo itself and how the disability of the athletes was portrayed and how it makes the institution to look.

My question two was one of the stronger ones as I was specific with the points that were made when answering the question. Next time to improve the answer of this question I would develop on the point more and try and talk about how the audience would react because of this and the common ideology more.

Question three was also one of my stronger questions as talked about the different theorists and how their theory is applied, to improve this I could've used one more theory or expand more on the theory I stated and the impact it has on the trailer and the audience.

Question four was my weakest question because I didn't talk about the use of the mise-en-scene as much such as the Olympic stadium being used to show how the paraolympic games are represented. Next time I would talk about how the paraolympics specifically is represented and how the ideology has changed and now what it means for it to be aired on TV.

5. Q4. The paraolympic games is seen as a much anticipated sporting event as you can see and hear the crowd that has arrived to watch the games. The use of this is a social gathering in one place and with it being the Olympics it reinforces the stereotype of people gathering together to watch a sporting event. Those who are able to see themselves in the in this trailer with the use of dyers lines of appeal will also be more inclined to watch the paraolympics as they can see themselves either as an athlete or a member in the audience who is going to watch the games. The crowd makes sports and the paraolympics to be a very anticipated event and reinforces the ideology of people going out and being fit and healthy making the paraolympics more of a role model.

Another way is through the competitive nature of the paraolympics and showing everyone competing with each other makes the event more anticipated. This shows that people enjoy sports and with such a big event are more likely to be watching it and with 10 million viewers it shows the high levels of anticipation through Britain to watch the games. With the audience seeing the people competing it makes the olympics look more fun and appealing to people so they are more likely to out and compete in some of these events themselves. The gathering at the stadium shows that a lot of time and money has been spent preparing for this so more people will be inclined to watch or take part themselves.

This is also seen through the gathering of the British olympic team at the end of the trailer. They are a team working together like everyone does in sports events and when competing in sports games. The gathering of the team also shows the gathering of the whole British nation to take part and watch the olympics as those competing are a team and so is the rest of the nation that are watching. The team are placed all together at the end on purpose so that the viewers is left with the message of teamwork and being a part of a team and not just that but being a part of the British nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment